Saturday, July 22, 2006

A lot of nothing...

Yep, that's been the last few days. A lot of nothing.

Mr A is better - thank goodness. He's back to his hysterically happy little self.
Mr L - well, he's 100% better than he was this morning, and he hasn't chucked for over 12 hours now! Apparently there's something going around - we met one of his teachers in the chemist this morning and lots of kids have been away with the same thing. You know he's not well when he has a cuddle with you and doesn't want to discus the Theory of Relativity or why there are laws or why cooking is really chemistry... He was chatting away this evening, and it was lovely to hear - means he's getting better.

So now I'm going to be selling stuff at PDW... I'd better start making stuff, huh? I've spent this evening making stuff, and had a break to check out Jen Caputo's sketch templates.
OMG, they rock! So easy to use - I'm soooo impressed. This one with Mr L took no time at all with this template - it was perfect to line up the series of photos I took of him landing his first fish (the extraction job to get the fish over the top of them is a little dodgy, so don't look closely...).
And then, because I got so excited about how easy it was, I downloaded another template and made another layout. Too easy. She's got a set for sale at PDW - check them out- makes creating great pages a piece of cake.

(I used an Atomic Cupcake action for the title in the top one, and the papers for the bottom one are all from my Big Boy paper pack at SBB.)

And on that note, it's time for bed. Fingers crossed for a reasonably uninterrupted nights sleep. This is the best chance of it we've had all week...

Catch ya...
K

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome use of Jen's sketches!! And the fish looks great from this view ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen! Just wanted to let you know I downloaded your circle stitches from the July 17 post. Thank you so much!! They are wonderful and you are amazing for sharing them! Hope you are enjoying your weekend and that Mr L is stays better! :) I'm off to check out your stuff at PDW...

Melanie

Peta said...

Ohh Chickie supper congrats on the whole PDW thing!! Can't wait to see what you get up to over there :)

Love the layouts and hope you got a good sleep :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

Thank you so much for the stitches. Are they available for commercial?
I need to add stitches to blog design, I'm in the process of redoing the colors.
Thanks
MAggie

Cherie Shields said...

Cool! I love your extraction (even if I'm not allowed to look closely! *lol*) and jen's sketches rock. I just haven't found the right photos to scrap yet lol

Anonymous said...

OOH Karen I looove how you've used the sketches!!! You rock girl!!! So excited to be selling with you at PDW!
You sure do take amazing photos!

Kat said...

Wow, I love the extraction of the fish over the other pics! Definite scraplift coming!