Thursday, August 03, 2006

Up...

Thanks to everyone for their posts about my last rant. It ended up being a good day, despite the start. I wasn't going to post it, but thought, nope, this is it - this is how it is - and I know I'm not alone either.

Mr L behaved well at school, despite the feral start. When I collected him, I heard this gem from his teacher....

Mrs I: We did spelling today - the word was "up" - wait till I tell you what his sentence was...

Me: (thinking between the chucking "up" of last week, and the constant chucking "up" of Mr A, I'd have a fair idea of what he'd say) Okaaaaaay........

Mrs I: I asked him to use "up" in a sentence, and his sentence was "My opinion of school hasn't exactly rocketed up lately". (peals of laughter from Mrs I who knows my son very well)

What the...?? Mr L is a Prep - he's 6! No idea where he got "rocketed up" from, but that was his sentence. Only my kid would say that...

Catch ya...
K

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

ROFLOL...your Mr L certainly has a way with words!