Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Everything old...

is new again.
Paper piecing. I've been having fun with paper piecing, but without the tracing, cutting, gluing etc. It works along the same line as the page templates that are wildly popular at the moment. I've made a layered TIFF file, but if you can't use that, individual PNG files as well. And it includes inked edges, just for that little something more. The paper isn't included - you can add any paper you like.


These are some that I've got at PDW. And just so you can give them a test run and see if they work for you, here's a freebie.


If you change the colour of the inking, the layer mode to soft light, add some embossing, the possibilities are endless.


Have fun!

Catch ya...
K

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Thanks so much.

Cammy said...

Karen, this is way cool! Can't wait to try it out :)

DebF said...

oooooh love love LOVE em!! thanks for the sample too hun!

Anonymous said...

This is a FANTASTIC idea! Congrats,Karen! I can't wait to buy these this week!

mgc said...

Thanks for sharing the flower!

Brittany said...

thanks for the test drive! these are DEFINITELY worth looking in to....as soon as I'm not so sleep deprived. :)

Victoria said...

Very cool! Now I have to go play with them! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen. I'd been thinking about breaking out my old paper piecing book and giving them a digital run. This may be just what I need to get my started.

Rona said...

i really really want to try this out, especially before I buy. your stuff looks awesome!

i can't get into megaupload though. i never could, from the philippines. hoping there's another way to be able to download the file.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks Karen...I'm really diggin' all that you are creating!

Anonymous said...

Your paper piecing is just ADORABLE!!!!! Can't wait to give the cute flower a try, THANKS!!