Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday photos...

When Mr L was born, all those years ago, on a cold Wednesday in May, we started the tradition of "Wednesday Photos". Every Wednesday, for the first year, I took a photo of him. I tried to get a picture of him doing something that was new for the week, or capture him in a situation typical of that stage in his development.

So, when Mr A arrived, I began the "Tuesday Photos". It's incredible to look back on the past 21 weeks to see how much he's changed. Here's his first 20 weeks...


A couple of rules I have - must be in colour (even if the whole thing clashes), must be square, and must be mainly a head shot. I use Picassa to organise my photos, so I add in a caption when I upload the photo just to make a note of what he's been up to. Then every few weeks I whip out Photoshop, drop the photo into a template I've made, change the date, the caption and save. Here's Week 20's...

I'm getting the first 20 weeks printed at the moment - I'm getting them done as 4x6 photos, and I'll trim off the excess 2 inches and put them in one of these:

4x4 All My Memories album in yummy Kiwi. Easy peasy. Even for me.

Catch ya...
K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really neat idea.. I'm going to have to copy. My sister is going to have a baby next Tuesday and this would be nice to do.

DebF said...

what a great idea, and a fabulous record of his growth and development, and how quickly they grow up!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! My husband would love a little album like this. A must do! Thanks for sharing!!

Karin said...

Cool idea - wish I had done that wiht my little one - 2 naps a day at 2 hours! I'm so jealous - LOL - I was lucky to get 30 minutes in 6 hours when she was newborn - forget about naps - LOL. He's lovely - changed a lot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome stitches!