Monday, June 05, 2006

Shoes, cameras and phones...

You know how there's this "thing" about women liking shoes?
I don't.
Slip on sandals in summer, sneakers in winter, pair of black flats, pair of black boots. That's it for me.
But cameras.... cameras are my "shoes". I'd have one in every room if I could. There's the old film camera - sadly neglected for the past 4 years. There's my first digital (a whopping 1 MP beast that weighs as much as my cat), my second digital (3MP and still does a fine job - L uses that now), the APS film (for panoramic pics on hols), my Canon (insert love symbols here) and now my phone.
I want my phone to make phone calls occasionally. Really, I do. Seems such an old fashioned use for a mobile in this day and ages, doesn't it? My old phone was slowly dying, so I went to get a new one. Pretty hard to get one without a camera in it these days. Dad said, get one with a camera. So I have. It's all set up now, so I can send pics to them when they travel. That is pretty cool, yes? The quality's nothing to get excited about - but it means that Mum and Dad can "see" us, even when they're somewhere in the outback. And with A growing and changing daily at the moment, I think that's a good thing.
Here's one of me and my boys - bit hard to judge to take, but here we are.
So there's yet another camera in the house now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look caught by surprise! LOL
I'd love to have a camera fetish... or even a shoe fetish. Alas my fetish extends to Patterned paper and I've still got oodles of that waiting to be used. :(